Autologous Blood Postoperative Autotransfusion Systems
Whole blood autotransfusion is recognized as a viable means of returning a patient’s own blood, including the red blood cells, platelets and clotting proteins. The Boehringer AUTOVAC® 7926 is a simple, disposable system that limits the patient’s exposure to the risks associated with allogenic (homologous) blood products.
Additionally, employing the use of AUTOVAC® can reduce usage and expense of more complicated systems and/or banked blood products. Boehringer Laboratories, LLC is proud to offer Model 7926 for superior, cost-effective patient care. This system is self-contained with its own suction source for portability and the capability for closed wound drainage. It is completely disposable. Lipid free postoperative orthopedic autotransfusion is considered by many as the standard of care for total joint replacement procedures.
Only Boehringer AUTOVAC® Systems offer the AUTOWICK™ filter for lipid and methacrylate absorption. Designed for postoperative orthopedic autotransfusion, AUTOVAC® Model 7926 offers closed system operation as required by the American Association of Blood Banks. The system sets new standards for closed wound drainage & autotransfusion with its outstanding safety features.
Lipid Free: Free lipids are present in significant quantities in orthopedic drainage blood. Only Boehringer autotransfusion systems are available with the patented AUTOWICK™ filtration for the permanent removal of these fats. Fat Embolus Syndrome may develop from the systemic circulation of these lipids. Elimination of lipids may result in the reduction of febrile reactions and associated transfusion complications.
Gentle Handling of Blood: Large ports, smooth flow path and GravityFlo™ filter minimize damage to red blood cells. Additionally, the low vacuum levels provided by the bulb guard against hemolysis for improved blood quality.
1. Berman A, et al. Postoperative autotransfusion after total knee arthroplasty. Orthopedics. 1996;19-1: 15-22.
2. Grosvenor, D et al. Efficacy of postoperative blood salvage following total hip arthroplasty in patients with and without deposited autologous units. Bone and Joint Surge 82-A July 2000: 51-954.
3. Circular of Information for the Use of Human Blood and Blood Components American Red Cross, Council of Community Blood Centers, American Association of Blood Banks. 1998: 3.
4. Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, American Association of Blood Banks. 20th Edition; Section L2.300: 79.
5. Clinical Fat Studies, Boehringer Laboratories, Inc. Ref. 91-02, 1991.
The marks BOEHRINGER, BOEHRINGER AUTOVAC, BOEHRINGER AUTOVAC TC, GravityFlo, and AUTOWICK are trademarks of Boehringer Laboratories, Inc. and are registered in U.S. Patents and Trademarks Office. U.S. & Foreign patents issued and pending.
© 2002 Boehringer Laboratories, Inc.
See device instructions for indications and contraindications for use.