PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Innovative, fast-paced, medical device manufacturer seeks well rounded individual that is prepared to learn all aspects of medical device product lifecycle management. The technical and clinical nature of our business favors someone with an engineering appreciation for the instruments we design and produce.
Day to day duties would include:
• Develop new product
• Generate ideas and solutions for new products as well as engineering support for current products.
• Comply with regulatory requirements, including company design control procedures.
• Review and analyze, and assist with reports when necessary, such things as product concepts and needs, patents, sales and marketing plans, etc.
• Assist with activities relating to the building, testing and evaluation of mechanical device systems.
• Perform design analysis (tolerance stack-ups), risk analysis. • Interface with vendors in component and process design.
• Assemble and debug initial prototypes.
• Provide engineering support to manufacturing and operations.
• Generate ideas and solutions for new product design issues.
• Design mechanical devices.
• Work with physicians and other clinicians
• Build functional prototypes.
• Prepare detailed drawings.
• Project management. Work with many cross functional areas of the business.
• Being part of a small, dedicated, cross-functional development team
• Liaise and work with the customer and customer technical team to identify customer needs
• Translate customer requirements into product requirements Being a technical point of contact for clinical and field sales representatives on the existing products.
• Minimum BS Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of experience in new product development of mechanical surgical devices and/ or minimally invasive devices .
No Relocation available. Local Qualified candidate are asked to submit a resume and MUST include a cover letter, with salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org No third party vendors. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V